ADVERTISEMENT

The Inside Stuff (FREE) Army tops Navy 17-10 for the Three-Peat and the CiC Trophy

Any word on when bowl game seat-assignments are to be shared back with purchasers?

I keep hearing/reading about how "tense" the game was.

"Before kickoff, the teams passed in the hallway under the stands in Lincoln Financial Field heading to their respective tunnels. Separated only by a thin curtain, they began barking at one another.

“There was a moment there when I thought they might go after each other,” said Tim Kelly, who has been Army’s trainer for 32 years. “It was tense. I’ve never seen that before in all the years I’ve been around this game. Never.”

There was chippiness throughout, pushing and shoving after whistles and a good deal of the kind of trash talk not usually evident in this game."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a0c7003744b3

I saw the AF game was also "tense" but its been my experience that Army teams are not as "salty" as the other teams can be. Navy in particular always like to play (and I saw them with Rutgers a lot) with a provocative brand of swag. Maybe AF and Navy are having a hard time adjusting to Army being better than them. 15 years of being the doormat can spoil some folks

After AF dust-up, I was hearing players (including Stephen Anderson on YouTube) say they see Navy as equals, and that AF is team they don't like. Maybe its both of them now lol.

On another note...ESPN had Army v Oklahoma as #11 in a listing of the 15 best CFB games of 2018.

"You could make a pretty good list of the season's best games by simply running through Oklahoma's schedule. All the drama surrounding the Sooners largely came as a result of its dominant offense and Heisman winner Kyler Murray, but Army proved to be the one team in the country with an answer. Murray threw for just 165 yards -- his only game with less than 200 -- and the Sooners were held to a season low 355 yards by Army's stout D, and neither team dented the scoreboard in the fourth quarter, forcing the game to OT, where CeeDee Lamb's 10-yard TD grab won it."

Relive the 15 best games of the 2018 season
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25496325/the-best-games-2018-season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT