ADVERTISEMENT

ARMY- navy B-ball -'bout time

KnightNight

Commandant
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2008
North Carolina
The final 69-50 score is almost not an indication of how close the was - Army dominated by an even wider margin as they held the Patriot League's leading scorer - Chris Harris to 4 points. Previous low this year was 11 and he averages 21.4. This was the team I have expected to see throughout the Patriot League schedule. Two more home game should provide a 5-6-7 seed in the tourney. Just want this squard to end with a winning record. ah - what should have been. Feels great to destroy Navy in something !!!!!

KnightNight, I know you really follow the team. What would you consider to be the team's strength and weakness?

Where do you see this team next year in terms of progress?

Well,

Team strengths - Experience, effort, depth, general adherence to defensive game plan.

Team Weaknesses - Shooting, Foul Shooting, Care of the ball ( turnover prone - unforced) then shooting. This was the clear and singular factor that kept Army from planting their long sought after winning season....

Next year can easily become another single digit win season though rumors persist that we may have a few recruits coming indirect and at least one from the prep school that have chances to win starting positions. Will be very interesting to see if Zach changes up our offensive system for next season as limited changes were made this year with the Crews offense. Rebounding is always an issue for Army and we are losing a lot on that front. Again, it will be a rebuilding year with 3 assumed starters in place for next season - McDonald should get the nod at the point, with Simmons as the 2 guard. I believe Jason Pancoe will compete for 20 or so minutes per contest also, primary as your #2 distance shooter behind Simmons. He does bring nice defensive intensity and size to the court. Jeremy Hence will start at the 3 IMO, after that I think it is wide open as lots of players have a lot to prove. Ella Ellis and Jordan Springer will battle for big or modest minutes with the winner getting the big. I think the center position is totally open. I would like to see a shorter rotation next year at 8-9 but for lots of reasons, do not know if that will happen. I look to get some face time with Coach sometime this summer - believe me , these will be my questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT