ADVERTISEMENT

Army - Harvard

KnightNight

Commandant
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2008
North Carolina
Down goes Princeton ! Down goes Harvard !! Tough, gritty, not pretty basketball rules the day again. Army forced 30 Harvard turnovers tonight and found a way to win despite falling behind by 6 with 6 minuters to go. Style is vitually unaltered from last year's play with defense being key to everything, they are however proving to be a more effective rebounding team, which IMO has been THE key to the 3-1. Friday a chance to take the early lead in the Ivy League race when Yale comes to town !

Managed to complete the trifecta . I wonder how much Coach Spiker's knowledge of the Ivy League played into the 3 victories. I am sure it did not hurt! Next up is a Bryant team ( out of RI) that became a 1A program last year and is playing as an independent this season. Coming in at 0-5 which included a 26 point loss to Harvard. Quick turnaround of 48 hours, to include back to class on Monday, appears to be the biggest obstacle. Still, Army has no right to look past this game but should be able to find a way to take this one home which would result in first 4 games over .500 in over 25 years. So far , so good. Good chances at wins with our next big test by my count, the Portland (Or.) during the Holiday break. Next team to fear the most will be Buffalo coming off a 10 or so day break - assuming holiday + semester testing. Trying to be unbiased and remaining injury free,we should go into league play at 10-4 or 11-3. Hope the Black Knights prove me wrong and go in with a 13 game winnin streak - Woudn't that be crazy !!

ADVERTISEMENT