ADVERTISEMENT

Army Black Knights Sweep American

Airstrike

Cow
Dec 14, 2005
The Black Knights continue to make history, reaching 7 Patriot League wins for the first time! Other firsts include a 4 game Patriot League winning streak and a 4 game road winning streak. Army completely embarrassed the Eagles on their home court on Senior Day and continues to show its versatility and firepower, even if some of the usual scorers are struggling. Toth and Herbeck provided scoring punch in the 1st half, then Ellis and Wilson picked up the load in the 2nd half. In-your-face defense kept American at bay and allowed the Black Knights to go on several scoring runs. Excellent all-round game by the Black Knights.

Next up is the final regular season home game against Holy Cross. Can the BKs finish another sweep? Right now, this team seems to be on the way to peaking at the right time, still getting better each game. I've said it before; this group of plebes has injected a new swagger into the team and when coupled with the senior leadership of Ellis, Springer and Pancoe, the results have been pretty dang good! Believe me, these guys are determined to get to "the dance" and despite the odds still being a bit long, they are going to give all they have in that quest. And we would expect no less from these fine cadets...sometimes it's easy to forget they are cadets when rooting for them as basketball players.

As Coach Spiker says, each upcoming game is the most important one so all the focus right now is on Holy Cross. History has already been made...the guys still feel there is more to come! Go Army!!!

Thanks for the report Airstrike..I followed from afar (on the internet) and was thrilled with the outcome. From your report they sure seem to me playing very exceptional team basketball..I look forward to their next outing at home. I believe that is our senior night and we must send Ellis, Springer and Pacone out in style..GO ARMY

Beat Holy Cross "Take no Prisoners"

Sending those seniors out with a win in their last regular season home game would be awesome and the plebes want to do that as much or more than the seniors. This team is still learning and growing, and is certainly not nearly at the peak of its potential. But each game they do show positive steps forward, and that's all you can ask of them. Certainly, if the plebes were juniors, then we would expect much more. But the important thing is that they do continue to improve.

If you are able to be there in person, cheer 'em on for me...I'll be watching good ol' KnightVision!

Go Army! Beat Holy Cross (and of course, always Beat Navy)!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT