ADVERTISEMENT

Army Black Knights Get Road Win Over Houston Baptist

Airstrike

Cow
Dec 14, 2005
Despite a well below average shooting percentage, the Black Knights gutted out a 95-86 win over HBU in Houston. Army had a great fan contingent that almost had a home court feel and the guys responded with a powerful push in the 2nd half. HBU did make some incredible contested 3s at the end to keep the game from being a blowout, but the Black Knights finished the game for the win.

Great finish to 2012 and a good springboard for upcoming Patriot League action. Happy New Year and Go Army!!!

Airstrike.. Thanks for the update..I think we have a pretty good sqd and any issues we have are a function of youth..Seems like this team might not exclusively live and die by the 3..What are our realistic expectations in the patriot league?

10-4
8-6
6-8 or less??
I am not completly spun up on the league, but I believe we are better than the pre season #6..Go Army!

Beat Columbia..

Thank you ..Those are good metrics..I will hope for the best,
Our Guard Toth is from the town I grew up in..so I find it exciting to see him contribute!
Go Army

Hooah75...Toth has stepped up big time with Herbeck being out of the lineup of late. Yes, this team does have some "youth issues" as the freshmen continue to develop, but I think Spiker knew exactly what he was doing putting them in the positions he has early in the season. Although this is Spiker's 4th season at the helm, the bulk of these freshmen seeing major playing time came from USMAPS and are his first true recruiting class. We are now getting a good look at things to come in his program, and there is another good group at USMAPS this year.

Columbia just beat Colgate and will give our guys a good test. This team is getting better and more experienced every time it hits the court. With the extreme depth we have on the bench, we should be able to keep a lot of pressure on the opposition.

Go Army!!!

Hooah...as for my expectations for this season, they are mixed. For Ellis' sake, I would like to see them sneak up and take the Patriot League and go the "The Dance" for the first time ever.

The realist in me leans toward 8-6 in PL, with a chance to cause some major damage in the PL tournament. Time will tell, but I firmly believe Spiker has this team on the right track for respectability and success. He has excellent assistants, good recruits and a vision that everybody is buying into. Some time ago on another thread, I think I stated that 2015 would be the year Army gets to The Dance. I still think that's realistic, but there is no reason these guys can't get ahead of my schedule and do it sooner.

However it plays out, I am so looking forward to watching the transformation of this program.
happy.r191677.gif

HOOAH!!!

Airstrike! Thanks for the info- I will cheer on wildly from my distant perch and hope for the best. I agree that however it turns out it is exciting to watch the young team transform. Is Herbeck's issue still effects from the concussion he had earlier? I thought he came back and played after missing one game

OK GO ARMY..Death to Columbia!

Herbeck's issues aren't related to the concussion...without getting into specifics on this board, I expect his return soon. "Death to Columbia!"? Yikes!!! A passionate fan of Army hoops, you are! Awesome!

Go Army! Beat Columbia! HOOAH!!!

Airstrike, seems like you are quite close to the team. Do you get to see many games live 7-7 or 8-6 in PL play would be our best showing sinc we joined the league in 92-93 season. I hope either of us are right. Barring injury, Lehigh and Bucknell are too deep. The addition of Boston Univ. and Loyola (Md.) next year simply makes the league deeper and tougher. We will need to get better in order to compete for the dance circa 2015.

I like the additions- Private schools , B-Ball is important at both, but they have had some very nice seasons in recent years. It does worry me a little. Wouldn't it be something if we could have one of those crazy can't miss a 3 night against the big boys in the second round og the PL tourney. I've been waiting for that game for eons or longer.

KnightNight...unfortunately, I don't get to see that many games live, just mostly on KnightVision or services provided by other teams. I did get to catch the 2 games in Texas in person, which was a treat. The Aggies should feel very fortunate to have escaped with their win...and I'll leave that as it is.

It's not too far of a stretch for these guys to come up with an upset or 2 in the PL Tourney. Yes, the stars need to align a bit, but these guys are getting stronger, better and more confident every game. Anything can happen once the ball goes up. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too many more years, but if it's any consolation, I'm right there with you!
3dsmile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT