ADVERTISEMENT

Army Black Knights Bounce Back Over American in Christl Arena

Airstrike

Cow
Dec 14, 2005
The Black Knights regrouped, literally, and dominated the American Eagles Saturday in the home court comforts of Christl Arena. Coach Spiker started 5 plebes...yes, not a misprint...5 plebes.
shock.r191677.gif
The starting 5 from last year's USMAPS squad responded and scored 56 of Army's 77 points. Rumor is that a message was being sent to the seniors after last Wednesday's loss at Colgate. Whatever the case, Army got a much needed win against a team that had won their previous 6 meetings.

Next up is a road trip to Holy Cross on Wednesday. Another tough game but one that the Black Knights are certainly capable of winning. Will they start 5 plebes again? Only coach knows for sure...
grin.r191677.gif

Go Army!!!

Thanks for the report!I hope the team collectively gets its stuff together consistently...I believe we are a pretty fair squad when we play to our capability...The future is bright--

GO ARMY...Death to Holy Cross!!

Hooah - Death to the Cross ---- pretty strong words there for a basketball game. We match up well vs. Holy Cross. If we can shoot an avg. 35% from 3 pt. land I would expect a win. Their center is the heart and soul of the team and has potential to take over the game. Need to do our best keeping the ball out of his hands and when he does receive, keep him away from deep in the bucket.

When you look at the roster, there are not many Jrs. or Srs. on the team. May very well be the youngest D-1 squad in the country. In fact, I'll be surprised if they are not. With the youth comes ups and downs. We have not tracked well on the road. Tomorrow would be a nice day to shake it up and take one . It is very doable.

ADVERTISEMENT