ADVERTISEMENT

Army Black Knights Beat Colgate, Make History

Airstrike

Cow
Dec 14, 2005
The Black Knights came out hot and got revenge for an earlier loss to Colgate at their gym. Ella Ellis was on fire with 34 points, and the Army defense held the Raiders to low shooting percentage. Even after Colgate made a 2nd half run, Army answered with an 8-0 run to finish strong!

Army is now in uncharted territory with a 6-5 conference record...above .500 in conference play after 11 games for the first time since joining the Patriot League. Upcoming games against American and Holy Cross should give the Black Knights a good chance to secure a home court for the PL quarterfinals.

Go Army! HOOAH!!!

Airstrike - I waited for you to take the lead... anothr amazin' fact - 5 of our six wins have been by double digit in league play. Go ack in history and see how many season it takes to secure 5 double digit win the the Patriot League. These kids can play and are gaining momentum at the right time. NO ONE in the conference wants to play us right now. We are 0 forever at American - can a fe more recrods be broken on Saturday ???

Way to go, Army! Hope Herbeck and Ellis can stay hot and lead the team thru the last 3 games and the tournament. That will take some pressure off Wilson and his plebe pals - although the only team they seem to feel pressure against is Navy (I cite below ave free throw shooting as my only tangible evidence)..It is all good and I am really proud of Coach Spiker and crew with regards to developing a prideful basketball program...

Keep it up!

Death to American!

I really like the way that this team is developing...especially beating teams that beat them in the 1st half of Patriot League action (except Bucknell
frown.r191677.gif
). These plebes are showing last year at USMAPS was no fluke and that Coach Spiker was spot on with his recruiting. Blending them into the team has been easy as they each have risen to high levels of contribution. The upperclassmen's leadership has been valuable and right now, I don't see so much class differentiation...they are playing together as a team and as peers. The plebes make the upperclassmen better and vice versa...the results are starting to show as we head into the final couple of weeks.

These guys WILL break more records and I agree, the other teams are starting to dread seeing Army on the schedule. Now, if we can take care of business with sweeps of American and Holy Cross, we will be in a good position to knock off Lehigh on national television March 2! I would definitely take an 8-6 conference record!
happy.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT