ADVERTISEMENT

ARMY at Penn State...Oct. 3rd, 2015. Just announced!

I wonder if it's a one time deal or Penn State will come to Michie eventually.

We always played those home games in Michie back in the 60s before Paterno took over from Rip Engles. Engles hated to bring his team into Michie Stadium; so he would probably have lobbied for anywhere but back then.

One time deal for now. Penn State is booked 2015-2017 now and only has one game left open for 2018.

Big Ten goes to 9 conf games next year and will limit outside conf games. They also are renewing playing Pitt.

I think great deal for us and recruiting. The best want to play the best - just not every week.

Originally posted by swburke:
One time deal for now. Penn State is booked 2015-2017 now and only has one game left open for 2018.

Big Ten goes to 9 conf games next year and will limit outside conf games. They also are renewing playing Pitt.

I think great deal for us and recruiting. The best want to play the best - just not every week.
We are scheduled to play some good teams next year. In addition to the Penn State game, we're playing Northwestern, Rutgers, Duke, and Wake Forest, all of whom are Power 5 conference teams. Normally, we try to balance that off with some teams we expect to beat, but I don't see many pushovers on next year's schedule with UConn, WKU, and Rice along with AFA and Navy on the schedule. Even our FCS team, Fordham, could be a challenge. Hopefully Eastern Michigan will not experience a resurgence between now and then.

" I don't see many pushovers on next year's schedule
with UConn, WKU, and Rice along with AFA and Navy on the schedule.
Even our FCS team, Fordham, could be a challenge. Hopefully Eastern
Michigan will not experience a resurgence between now and then. "

I was surprised how much of a beating Notre Dame gave Rice last week. It was 38-10 in third quarter before ND started pulling starters.

Speaking of ND - I saw a place where it has Army playing ND in 2016 - but in Texas.

ARMY FOOTBALL FUTURE SCHEDULES

I would love to see PSU play at Michie.... Iconic and beautiful. Could also see a game at the Meadowlands. That would be sweet. Best of luck this year guys!

Originally posted by ashokan:
" I don't see many pushovers on next year's schedule
with UConn, WKU, and Rice along with AFA and Navy on the schedule.
Even our FCS team, Fordham, could be a challenge. Hopefully Eastern
Michigan will not experience a resurgence between now and then. "

I was surprised how much of a beating Notre Dame gave Rice last week. It was 38-10 in third quarter before ND started pulling starters.

Speaking of ND - I saw a place where it has Army playing ND in 2016 - but in Texas.
That could be a good thing. We have a better record in Texas in the past three years than any other state:

Beat La Tech in Dallas last year
Beat SMU in Dallas in 2010
Beat North Texas in Fort Worth in 2009

No offense to these programs and the rebuilding jobs that coaches like cutcliffe and fitzgerald have done, but this program needs to get to the point where we can compete with the "academically focused" power 5 schools. We beat northwestern a few years ago. We beat vandy a few years ago.

If we can't beat teams like wake and duke and rice and northwestern, which in my opinion is EXACTLY the type of teams that should fill our schedule, then whom exactly are we supposed to schedule? If we schedule "athletic" teams like memphis or stony brook and get our ass kicked, people complain that we are scheduling teams that we have no business playing.

I don' think any D-1 program can look at a schedule that includes 2 service academies, fordham, and a few academically focused power 5's and call it a "tough" schedule.

At some point, folks, we need to play 12 division 1 programs. or at least 10 or 11 with a 1-AA thrown in.

Do you think navy would be scared to play a schedule that included duke, wake, northwestern, rutgers and rice? i don't.

This post was edited on 9/4 1:27 PM by centuryman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT