ADVERTISEMENT

Are you in favor of the Nike ad with Colin Kaepernick?

Are you in favor of the Nike ad with Colin Kaepernick?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No!

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I have no opinion on the subject

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and I understand what he is kneeling for

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No and I think his protest is tasteless

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

akaTheRifleman

Supe
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
180903170205-colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-0903-780x439.jpg

IMO, if Nike really wanted to take a stand and they truly believe in the purpose behind Kaepernick's reason for "protesting", then why not host a forum and invite folks who have a stack in this (which is all of us really), and have dialogue. The ad itself has only heighten the position of folks on both side of the table and that's not a good thing at all. Everyone is screaming, but no one is listening.

Of course, I don't expect anyone on this football board to say anything, but then again, welcome to America 2018 :(

No - in the larger picture, its all just another strand in the attempted subversion/radicalization of American population. The flag/anthem etc represent ideals, and also the people who uphold/upheld them. America was first country where citizens are sovereign. The founding ideals are represented by the flag. Slavery and fascism, Jim Crow etc were defeated by the people who honored it most. The only reason to throw shade on the flag and anthem is to be a counter-revolutionary - which is the goal of all the Marxists, radicals, terrorists etc oozing from the woodwork.

Kappy didn't start anything. He made a small gesture of not standing for anthem during a per-season game. He wasn't looking to lead a movement. It was the media that sized on the moment and pumped-it up - tried to turn Kappy into Rosa Parks. ESPN used to not even show the anthems - they only began that later. Kappy has a radical girlfriend who groomed him. Soros has donated millions to the organizations that seized on the protests. It often been the old white radicals who are always trying to turn minorities militant. The Muslims joined that parade a while ago.

Alas even Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Kappy's mom said protests were "dumb"

A former slave lived a few miles from West Point. He escaped slavery and met Lincoln. He eventually brought a thousand of his fellow slaves into the Union Army where they all fought. Near the end of his life he wrote an autobiography you can read online. This is his last paragraph

"I feel that I am greatly indebted to the government and to the American people for what they have done for me and for my race. I can not find words to express properly what I feel. But my heart is overflowing with gratitude, when I think of my situation and the situation of the people of my race now, and think of all the blessings we enjoy, compared with our former situation. I feel that as long as I live an honest life, do my work and conduct myself properly, I have the respect and the good wishes of the community. And this is true, I believe, not only of myself but of every man of my race. As long as we are honest and obey the law, seek to educate ourselves and to show ourselves worthy of freedom, we will have the respect of the American people and fair treatment from them.

It is a great thing to have lived to see this day come. It is great to feel that the people of my race understand something of the debt they owe this great country and are showing their appreciation by trying to be good citizens.

God has been very good to me. I have preached His Gospel. I can read His book. America has been very good to me. I am one of its citizens. There is no stain on the Flag now. I once fought under its banner. The Great Emancipator is loved by the world now. He once shook hands with me.

Truly I can say with the psalmist, "The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage."

https://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/singleton/singleton.html

I am 100% certain Mr Singleton would not be impressed by a guy making millions of dollars (for playing a game) trying to diminish the flag of the United States that he himself honored greatly

nolcMIx.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT