ADVERTISEMENT

Any Insight on Plebe/Freshman who could make an impact...

I have very minimal info so far...but, my kid says we got one or two with some pretty good pop and a couple with pretty good wheels to go get 'em in the outfield...spots left by last year's seniors look to be in decent hands by these, or by returning players. He seemed pretty pumped after first couple of days of practice.

Are you talking about incoming freshmen or those currently on the roster as plebes?

Trying to figure out how the coaches view players and what roles they might fill is impossible. The coaches are constantly moving players around and even when incumbents seem to have positions nailed down, newcomers can rise above. We can't see any of that as observers. The players themselves quite often don't know what the coaches are thinking or where they project people...and that's not a bad thing.

I've heard there's a couple that can swing it pretty good, but one of them is deficient fielding. There's a couple of arms that could contribute, and some outfielders that look competitive.

It seems the third base hole left by Polchinski will likely go to an upperclassmen already on the roster.

Third base and RF have been impressive already this fall, which is good news.

ADVERTISEMENT