ADVERTISEMENT

About 20x...

saran

Recruit
May 17, 2011
I think that's how many times I saw the same Fordham pass play to the flats. I have to think Josh Jenkins would have jumped one of those if he was in the game. After the first 10x that play was an INT waiting to happen and maybe a TD since nobody was behind receivers . The TD saving tackles (3 or 4) were fun but against the big teams those are gone. On other hand Army passing game was fun to watch and that hasn't been true awhile. Hope the defense gets some gnarly edges polished soon

Reactions: DocJayy
There is no doubt that we missed Jenkins out there. But not only against the pass, but he blossomed last year with solid run support. Our angles against Fordham were horrible and we were always one step slower.

I saw his sideline Heisman leap in spring game and figured he had a big season ahead.

I know when there isn't an abundance of trust in secondary the guys play back further. Fordham was really exploiting that void in the flats. The Ram QB hadn't thrown a pass in a game for 2 years but he looked like Andrew Luck with all the yards and completions. I think I'd rather see DBs get burned outright playing closer than just giving up so many yards by default. Every Rams series you knew that same pass was just a play or two away. It was actually kind of risky to run that so many times considering an intercept could have meant 6.

I knew this would be a rebuilding year after all the graduations and Ellerson's empty recruit cupboard. Fordham isn't a bad team so I'm not too bummed out. They got to fix that play though or we'll be seeing it in our dreams (they have to fix the kicking net too I guess lol)

Reactions: jiacono
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT