ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 Army Basketball Schedule

E2dog82

Cow
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2011
This season's schedule is posted on the West Point Athletics web site. A fairly bland offering. Years past have typically featured a top tier power conference team or two in the early season non-conference games but not this year, unless you consider Wake Forest from the ACC as that game. Not sure what sort of team WFU is expected to have this year. Once in awhile they are competitive at the top of the ACC, but I don't know about what they are projected to do this year. The schedule features a game against Air Force at Madison Square Garden on Dec 17--a Sunday with an 11 a.m. start time. I don't think that game with that timing (a week following the Army-Navy football game) will create much buzz. If 2K fans show up, consider it a success. At least it's not likely to be snowed out like the last Army game at the Garden. There's a tournament, "The Citadel Classic!" hosted by the Citadel, Fri-Sat, 1-2 Dec. featuring Army, UMBC, and Marist. I ask you, what's "classic" about that? Good on them though for trying. Otherwise nothing noteworthy for the non-league games The Patriot League round-robin, home-on-home schedule kicks off with Army at Boston U. on Dec 29. Army plays at Navy Jan 14, and the Star Game is at West Point on Feb 10. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Army is a middle of the pack team in the P-league this year Stand-by for the media projections that start appearing in October time frame for a better assessment. BEAT NAVY!

Reactions: SandD65
1. Army vs Air Force is the preliminary game of the Holiday Festival. Game will draw a lot more than 2k because the nightcap is St. John's vs Iona.

2. Army is generally being picked for 7th in PL, with a couple predictions of 8th. Holy Cross is the other team being slotted into the 7-8 spots.

3. Wake figures to be a middle-of-the-pack team that has a chance to get its second consecutive NCAA bid.

Reactions: SandD65
ADVERTISEMENT